Sunday, March 21, 2010

Scone from GF Pantry


Gluten Free Pantry Muffin & scone Mix.
I went with the Scone option on the box.
It gave the option of adding dried fruit or nuts.
I added Pecans and Butterscotch chips.
The recipe said to drop them on to parchment paper in .25 cup sized balls. But I wanted that scone triangle that I miss, so I patted the .25 cup dough balls into triangles.
They smelled WONDERFUL in the oven. The dough puffed up nicely. They looked perfect. My hubby was so impressed, he tried to pick a warm one up off the cooking sheet; It practically exploded in his had. But once cool they became a little more sturdy.
They were delicious. Even our not GF judge thought they were very good. And they held up well over night. Just as tasty and not at all dried out the next morning.
VERY good.

No comments:

Post a Comment