Monday, March 22, 2010

Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe

My hubby takes a night class at the university. He gets there from work on the bus, but I pick him up. I noticed a sandwich board one day that said "Gluten free" on one said and "Organic" on the other. But the place was always closes that late at night.
So finals week I drove my hubby TO class and I stooped in.
I got a slice of lemon cake and a tropical smoothies. It was over $12.

That seams a little high.
This is the university district. Pore college students.
I'm constantly saddened at how expensive it is to eat gluten free. Who would think leaving something OUT would make things more expensive?
So I do a little thinking when I purchase gluten free.
For reference, minimum wage in this county is $8.07 a hour.
So that is about a hour and a half of work to earn a smoothie and a piece of lemon cake.
And I thought, would I work for an hour and a half to earn this?
Probably not.

The guy who gave me my smoothie told me to come back on Wednesday because that is gluten free baking day. So Perhaps, on Wednesday afternoon, when it is fresh, it might be worth the time and expense.
If you go on a wednesday, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment