Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cupcake Aprons

I have this friend, known her since we were little. Her little girl just turned 3 and had a cupcake party. So I thought it would be fun to make her and her mother cupcake aprons.
I found the "frosting" fabric first. It's hard to see but the little girl's apron is cupcake shaped, and the top is made out of a fabric printed with Sprinkles and Cherries. The bottom is top stitched to look like the little paper cup that cupcakes come in. Mom's apron is a retro style print, matched up with the same solid purple.

I cut out some of the cupcakes from the print and appliqued them onto the apron top.


The two of them took me a little over four hours to make.


I think they turned out good. I might see if the fabric store has more of that retro cupcake print and make another.

No comments:

Post a Comment