Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chocolate chip cookie mix

Cherrybrook Kitchen, Gluten free Dreams, chocolate chip cookie mix.
Make about 25 cookies. Dough was palatable. Plumped nicely when baked. Cookies were soft baked in texture, not undercooked gooey, but nice and soft fully cooked. There was a slight teeth coting sensation, I attribute to the type of baking power I was unfamiliar with. Cookies remained soft until they were all gone, about 30hrs later.

Betty Crocker Gluten free Cookie mix.
Dough was palatable. First batch made cookie puddles. So I put the dough in a plastic bag and refrigerated over night (what my mom always did when her cookies made puddles). Next day I tried again, cookies still puddled. Directions on box say to cook for 11-13 minuets for Tablespoon sized cookies, However the puddles make the cookies so thin, ten minutes was more then enough. Directions also say to let the cookies cool on sheet, but I found that they were so dry and brittle that if they did not come off while still warm they did not come off at all. They had good flavor, but needed milk, and maybe more chocolate chips.

I prefer my cookies to plum, not puddle. I prefer soft baked over crisp.
So for me Cherrybrook is the winner.
And I had such hoped for Betty Crocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment