Thursday, March 25, 2010

Only Me (fast&Fresh Gooey Brownie)


This new exciting thing appeared on the end cap at my Co-op.

I picked it up because the thought of Microwave brownies was a good idea, but once home I realized that the bag contained four pouches of single serving brownie, and a single serving container to mix and microwave it in.
Its more like a Brownie for One KIT.
The instructions only have you add a few "cc" of water. The kit comes with a little clear plastic measuring cup, with the cc and mm marked on it. I don't usually here cc in cooking, just on medical shows: "I need 4 CCs STAT" So I felt like I had to be very precise, letting one drip of water drop at a time until I had EXACTLY the right amount of watter. The water was about one tablespoon. So that did not seem like enough liquid to me. Mixing was difficult, I could stand the spoon up in it, was so thick. So I mixed very thoroughly.
But once it was microwaved, it looked excellent.

The instructions said to turn the brownie out on to a plate, but mine did not come out very well. However, it was very good. A little dry. I think the power on our microwave is a little high, so perhaps I'll cut back the time a smidgen next time and retain moisture.
And the container came with a lid, to refrigerate the left overs.
But I managed to eat it all, so the lid was not necessary.
Over all it was good, and worth the price to know I can have just a little treat, without a big mess.
I'm the only Gluten free in my house. SO sometime it is not worth it to make a WHOLE batch of goodies, 'cause I just don't need a 9X13 to my self.
Bread? Hamburger buns? Waffles, with a shaped mold?!
I think next time I'm at the co-op I'll try one of the other items.
Anyone else tried these?

No comments:

Post a Comment