Friday, June 4, 2010

Roll Off

I happened to have in my possession simultaneously, a Schar Brand Roll and a Gillians Brand Roll.
The Schar cost about $1.50. per roll
Gillians cost about $1.15 per roll
I compared the product side by side.
I was in Heaven!
Both have a very good texture.
Chewy when microwaved.
Crisp when toasted.
Spongy, not crumble.
Both so very tasty.
The Schar roll has a slightly more distinct flavor, almost sweeter in nature. As though it would lend it self well to Jam and butter, but not as well to savory as the Gillians.
Either roll is a wonderful thing. These two products are miles head of the competition.
Every GF store should have at lease ONE or the other, on it's shelf, if not both.
Right now the Schar rolls are more prevalent where I live. But after this side by side I don't lament not being able to get Gillians as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment