Thursday, June 10, 2010

Namaste Food, GF brownie mix

My Younger brother's Girlfriend's family came to town for her graduation.
So my family decided to have a BBQ while they were in town.
In her family are people that are Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Nut /Peanut Free.
I was assigned desert. I have always said that chocolate is they way to go when doing leaving something out, so I decided that brownies were the way to go.
I found several brownie mixes that were Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free,  Nut /Peanut Free, but they had soy. There were more cocolate4 cak mixes that were soy free then brownies, not sure why.

SO I finally settled on Namaste Food, GF brownies.
Even though the bag of mix boasted to be "egg free" the recipe on the back told me to add three eggs.???
So I made a few phone calls to some Egg free friends on mine, and learned a little trick. I substituting the three egg that the recipe calls for with A special connexion:
...Flax & applesauce. (.25 cup ground flax seed, mixed with 2/3 cup water, and 1/4cup applesauce)

My Hubby, mother, and sister told me it was not my best GF brownie, but EVERYONE thought it was the best GF, CF/DF, EF, SF, NF/PF brownie.
And I have enough Flax left over to try something else...

No comments:

Post a Comment