Thursday, June 24, 2010

Grandma's PB Chewies

My grandfather was a salesman for Nabisco. SO my family knows cookies.
And My grandmother would bake form scratch, and then freeze the cookies.
Those frozen cookies taught this young girl the value that patience yields the greater reward.

See, grandma would take a few cookies from the freezer. You could eat the cookie right then, mostly frozen, and it was good.
OR you could wait, until the cookie had become warm and soft, and it was even better.


My favorite was the chewy peanut butter ones. Here is the recipe.
Completely GF, and always had been...I wonder if that is why they were my favorite...

Grandma Jean's PB Chewers
1 CUP Creamy Peanut butter
1 CUP Sugar
1/2 Cup evaporated milk
4 tsp cornstarch
1/2 Cup Mini chocolate chips (I use the dark)


Mix the PB and Sugar until light and fluffy.
Stir in milk and cornstarch
Preheat oven to 350
Fold in chips
Drop a teaspoon of dough 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet
Bake for 12-15 min.
Let them cool a little or they won't come off the sheet in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment