Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Glutino crackers

I miss Gold Fish crackers.
There are few gluten containing products that make me want to cheat.
I know what it does to me.
But the sound and smell of a toddler with a hand-full of golden cheesy fishes makes me a little sad.
I remember my innocence and how I scarfed them with abandon.

SO I'm always willing to try the latest cheese related cracker.

I had tried Glutino  crackers when they first came out. I though they were as close to the classics Nabisco Ritz as GF was going to get.
I keep a box in the cupboard. I love to munch them with soup or with cream cheese.
But then one day I spotted the new Cheddar flavor on the shelf at the grocery.
I tried not to get my hopes up too high, but I was disappointed.
They were good, but just not quite as cheesy as I had hoped.
The Cheddar flavor was very subtle.

Anyone have a cheese cracker recipe that is simple?
I tried one once and it was WAY to hard.
It was complicated AND the crackers were very firm...

No comments:

Post a Comment