Tuesday, June 8, 2010

GF Pantry "decadent chocolate cake mix"

The Candy season runs from Halloween until mother's day. There is just not a many occasions for boxed chocolate in the summer.

So I went hunting for a new job.
I start next week. Number crunching.
So To celebrate my new job I make chocolate cake. From Gluten Free Pantry "decadent chocolate cake mix"
Excellent as always.

The box only makes ONE 8" round pan. SO it is not as cost effective as other cake mixes.
The guests we had for dinner had no idea that the cake was GF until Hubby told them.
Moist, a little crumbly, as you can see, and very soft. I could not wait to dig in, so I took it out of the pan when it was still warm, slices it, frosted it, and served it warm.
Just what I wanted.


The frosting is an adapted recipe from a Cream cheese frosting (sorry to the CF out there)
Frosting:
2ounces Cream cheese, soft.
1 Tablespoon Butter, soft.

...Blend well. Add
1 Tablespoon Orange juice concentrate....Mix well. Then Beat in
1 cup powdered sugar, or more until you like the consistency.
I like mine a little runny, and the orange is subtle. I have done variations on the recipe with frozen Lemonade instead of the orange. I would suppose that you could make the substitution of any just about any flavor...

No comments:

Post a Comment