Sunday, June 20, 2010

kinnikinnick pancake and Waffle Mix

I like waffles.
They have handy little compartments, to hold syrup, or jam.
Hubby says that off all the GF brake fast foods, he likes waffles the best.

It had to have been less then a few months after I was diagnosed that I bought my self an electric waffle mold.
I figured that since my mother had been putting wheat into hers for about 20 years I should get one that was strictly GF.
I took it to college.  Most waffle mixes only require water, and maybe an egg. (and I had fresh  GF waffles in my dorm room:)

One of the waffle mixes I like is Kinnikinnick.
The mix comes in a resealable pouch.
The recipe on the bag recommends using club soda instead of milk or water. My family always did that when we went camping (easier to pack a bottle of soda, then try to keep milk at a safe temperature...)
The waffles turn out soft and cake like. Belgian style waffles.
If you prefer you waffles more cookie like, or waffle cone style, I will recommend mixes for those too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    My name is Dave and I work with Kinnikinnick Foods. I wanted to thank you for your recommendation of the Kinnikinnick waffle mix, we love coming across posts like this! Feel free to contact us anytime on Facebook or Twitter (@GF_insider.)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete