Saturday, June 26, 2010

Gluten free Cafe-Frozen dishes

I decided to try the new "gluten free cafe" line of frozen dishes.
They were on sale.
I picked up the "Asian noodle" flavor. "Rice noodles with tofu, carrots, edamame, water chestnuts, roasted peanuts and red bell peppers."
I could not find any bell peppers or any peanuts.

There were only TWO edamame.
It was mostly yellow curry.
Now I know that technically India is part of the Asian Continent, but generally when I hear "Asian noodles" I don't think Curry.

This was a bowl of curry. And even if It had been labeled "curry noodles" (which it should have been) I still would have thought there was way too much sauce.
I could have cooked two more bowls of rice noodles to spread the curry over.
I could only eat about a third of the bowl, picked out the tofu, carrots, and the TWO edamane, and tossed the rest.
I drank whole bottle of water, and then had to get a candy bar to clear my pallet.
Over All, not something I will get again.

No comments:

Post a Comment