Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pink a Bella Cup Cakes

I got a new job.
It's In Redmond and we will be moving because My Hubby works in Redmond too.
SO I was investigating our new neighborhood.
And as I wondered Redmond town center I peeked in the window of Pink a Bella Cup Cakes. Three elderly women were very excitedly selection there cakes, and I glanced at the pricing board, surprised to see at he bottom "gluten free...$3.25"
Now, that is a hefty price to pay for a single cupcake, but the other cupcakes were $3.00, so I figured a $.25 mark up for GF was not too bad.
So I waited and spoke to the sales girl.
She explained that they keep the GF cakes in the freezer, and that today they only had ONE left, it was vanilla; but that she could top it with fresh frosting.
She offered to top it with "Oreo" frosting, but I pointed out that if it has Oreo in it (and it looked like it did) that I can't have it. So I went with plain Chocolate frosting.
She offered me sprinkles, and I asked if they were also GF. She did not know, so I passed on the sprinkles.
I would think that if you advertise having GF then you staff should KNOW what is and is not GF. OK rant over.
I went home with my frozen cupcake, and had it for lunch the next day.
It was good.
But I don't think it was worth three dollars. For the price of two cupcakes I could get a cake mix and have a dozen!
I understand from other locals that the attraction is the unique flavors. The day I was there, I saw at least 10 flavor combinations on display. {Pina Colada* Bananas fosters*Root beer float* and several with alcoholic ingredients}
Perhaps If I had eaten something more exciting then a vanilla with chocolate I would be more impressed, but it does not sound like they do the Exciting ones GF.
Overall not impressed, and probably will not go back.
(Sweekcakes in Kirkland was better)

No comments:

Post a Comment