Thursday, April 8, 2010

To Oat or not to Oat

A decade ago when I was diagnosed Oats were OFF LIMITES.

But even back then there was debate.

Now I have Bob's red mill, Certified Gluten free oats.

And what I missed most was Granola.

My mother made it form scratch.

So I did too.

Recipe:

4 Cups Oats.

1 cup nuts

1 cup coconut

1/4 Cup Honey

1/4 cup maple syrup

1/4 cup apple juice concentrate

1 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp salt.

Combine

Bake at 350 for 18 min, stirring every 6 min.

After it's cook I add dried fruit.

However my apartment's oven it not too reliable. Even set at 325.
The pan on the left was singed in 12 minutes. Second Pan I did in intervals of 2 minutes. It was done in 8.
I think opening the oven to stir makes the temp hike.
Any other theory?

No comments:

Post a Comment