Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Betty Crocker Brownies

The weather was so nice that we decided to BBQ. And What goes better with BBQ then Brownies!
SO I tried the Betty Crocker Gluten free Brownie mix.

They were quite good.
My brother who has always been the one to avoid trying my "special" food, liked it.
My hubby said that they were as good as "regular" brownies.
I however was not happy about the price.
They sell for over $5 at our local grocer. The ingredients on the box are chocolate, chocolate, rice and salt.
I have a brownie recipe, I made up from a Pillsbury cookbook, that tastes just as good, and cost less.
I know chocolate is the easiest thing to make GF.
Flowerless chocolate torts have been around forever, gluten free naturally.
But brownies should be the FIRST desert a new GF person tries. It is that "hay, these taste fine!" revelation everyone of us GF cooks needs to get us going.
SO I guess this is a good introduction.
But If you know, make your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment