Friday, April 16, 2010

Denim and lace.

I thought I would make my Hubby's niece a dress.
I had the fabric, and patterns were on sale for $.99
I measured her and made the dress on the right right side of the photo.
It was huge.
She is 9 months old.
Most of her wardrobe is 18 month clothing. But that "large" was the size for a toddler.
So I made the next one, on the left side of the photo, in the "Newborn" size.
Here she is modeling it.
It looked good when she sat up, but when she reached forward, {crawling} the back was too snug, and the front pouched out so she keeled on it.
And the neck hole looked a little small for her too.
So I took it back home with me.
I think it is just not a very well made pattern, But I don't know how to adjust it.
My skill is still armature.
(My mother in-law made a disparaging comment when she first saw the dress)
And it's not like she NEEDs more clothing. The girl has a closet full of store bought outfits. {Grandma arrived that day with two new ones she picked up while at Costco.}
SO maybe some day I will have a little girl, who would not be ashamed to where a dress her mommy made.

1 comment:

  1. i think its cute! don't listen to them, at least you are trying!

    ReplyDelete