Tuesday, October 8, 2013

UP-cycling leftover Pasta. #1 Noodle Caboodle

I am not a huge fan of having the same meal twice in a row.
I am certainly NOT a fan of mixed leftovers.
When I say mixed leftovers, I mean when you have a few servings from several different meals, and they don't go together.
But In the GF world, when ingredients can be expensive, and hard to come by, it's best to get the most you can out of them.
And for some reason this has come up lately.
So, here is one of my ideas.

Pasta, especially gluten free pasta, does not reheat well. It's best to put some sauce on it, coved with foil and bake it. This restores moisture, without destroying the pasta's shape.
My favorite way I like to call:

Noodle Caboodle. {Chicken noodle casserole}
.4 cups left over pasta. Pena, elbow or fusilli work best.
.1 cup chicken, leftover cooked, torn or cut into bite sized pieces
. 1/2 cup spinach. cooked Leftover. Caned or frozen would work.
. 1 cup Shredded cheese. Italian blend or any kind of hard cheese works
. Parmesan cheese. The dry, shaking canister kind.
.1/2 cup Milk

In a 9X13 pan toss a layer of day old pasta. On top of that toss the chicken and spinach.
Next parmesan and shredded cheese.
Then layer the pasta again. In a cup, I use a fork to whisk together milk, and some parmesan, to make a thin sauce. That goes over the top layer of pasta, and then more shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 259 for about 20-30 min.

It's supper good and you can make variations easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment