Friday, October 4, 2013

Essential Baking co, Gluten free bread, super seeded multi-grain

Our local COSTCO has started carrying Essential Baking co, Gluten free bread, super seeded multi-grain. it is also Dairy free, nut free, soy free. unopened it will stay "fresh in your pantry for months"
Fist 5 ingredients are Water, seeds, rice, egg and tapioca. In that order.
It's also got pear and plumb.

its not very good. Dense, porous; like biting into a dry sponge. Tastes like rice, and water.
 I imagen I could reproduce the same flavor if I made a rice and water  paste in  my blender, and then mixed in some nuts and seeds.
If you are into that minimally processed stuff, then I recommend doing it in your blender, rather then spending the money in this bread. Because on the ingredients label, after you get past the pear and plumb, it's still got he additives and preservatives.
Dollar for Dollar and ounce for ounce, there are about 5 brands of GF bread I would choose over this one.
But since Hubby bought me the bread, and it comes it a 2 loaf package. I will see what I can do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment