Sunday, October 6, 2013

Gluten free bread pudding, in a slow cooker

This is inspired by my mother in law, and my Husband:
Bread pudding in a slow cooker

Ingredients
. 6 slices of Gluten free bread {this time I used Essential Baking Co Super seeded multi grain}
.1 cup whole milk
.1 egg
.1 TB sugar
.2 tsp vanilla
.Dash each Cinnamon, nutmeg
..1/4 cup brown sugar
..2 TB butter
..1/2 Cup chopped pecans
...Caramel sauce, whipped cream, banana slices

Directions
1. Cube and toast bread
2. Mix together milk, egg, sugar vanilla and spices
3. Pour bread into cooker. Pour liquid over bread. Press bread down to encourage soaking
4.Cut butter into brown sugar. Mix in nuts
5. Distribute over bread.
6. Cover cooker and set on high for 2 hours.
7. Let cool, 30 min.
8. Serve with Caramel, cream and banana.

Notes:
The top layer of bread was good, the bottom was soggy. I think I will use a larger sized slow cooker, or make a smaller batch next time, so that the finished product is not so tall.

To be honest, I have never had bread pudding made by anyone other then me, as a use for gluten free bread that's not good to eat otherwise. I don't actually know that bread pudding should taste, or look like. I honestly can't image anyone setting out with a goal of bread pudding. Or having a craving for bread pudding. But like I said, it might be my skill. I have probably never had a real, proper, bread pudding.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment