Thursday, September 26, 2013

Safeway eating right Gluten free Chocolate vanilla flavored creme sandwich cookies

I have seen the "eating right" green brand at Safeway for a while.
Basically I know it's a racket. Safeway has like 4 store brands. And I usually find myself as Fred Myers anyways.
(They did a study, years ago, comparing Safeway, Albertsons, and Fred Myers over the course of like a year. Same groceries each place each month, and Fred Myers came out marginally cheaper. So I shop there the most, marginally.)

So, then is week, I see a new display in the Gluten free section of Safeway.
The eating right label, on gluten free
Don't know if it's new, or just new to me.
So I tried some cookies.
They were edible.
The cookies were good, but the filling tasted like shortening, without any sugar or vanilla in it. And left a film on the top of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment