Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Gluten free meatloaf peppers

Recipe for Gluten free Meatloaf Stuffed Peppers

2 Bell peppers
1/2 Lb ground meat.
2 "heal" pieces of gluten free bread, crumbled
1 tomato, chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Dash of oregano
Salt and pepper
Shake of dried Garlic
Shake of dried Onion
1/4 C ketchup
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1. Top peppers. Dice up top to use in filling
2. Preheat oven to 350
3. Mix meat with bread, tomato, pepper, cheese, and seasoning.
Stuff into pepper.

4. Mix sauce and ketchup. Top peppers
5. Place in a bread pan, with 1/2 cup water in the pan around peppers
6. Bake for an hour or internal temp of 150-160 F


I'm not sure when it started, but my mother got into portion control. She focused on meals that were casserole like, but that were already segmented. One of which was meatloaf. She would put it inside a bell pepper. NOT stuffed peppers, Stuffed peppers uses Mexican seasonings, and rice. This is still meatloaf, it's just inside a bell pepper.
One night as a newlywed I told my Hubby I was making meatloaf. So when Bell peppers appeared on the table he was surprised. He says I can't call it "meatloaf" if its not in a loaf shape. I say it's not "stuffed peppers" because that is a rice dish. So it remains an enigma. But it tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment