Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Home grown Carrots

Squeaker and I got some carrots starts at the local plant nursery.
I thought I would be fun and educational to grow our own carrots.
Sadly, this is what we got:
Some kind of Carrot/radish hybrid.
I put them is a slow cooker Roast, with other carrots and potatoes. They taste like carrots.
 
I don't know exactly what went wrong. Week after week, I check them,(well more accurately, Squeaker pulls one out of the pot about every 6 or 7 days) and some were growing UP out of the soil, but none of them grew down.
I researched it, and the only suggestion I could find was that the soil was too hard. But I don't think that was the case here. We had supper fluffy dirt around them. I fluffed it often myself. I never watered directly over them just to keep the soil fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment