Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pillsburry Gluten free refrigerated Pizza crust dough, review #1

So, my Hubby took our little squeaker to the Crispy cream doughnut on Saturday morning so that I could sleep in.
Nice of him, right?  Well, not so much.
Crispy cream does not do Gluten free. (krispykreme.com nutritional-information)
AND now Squeaker asks for "do nuts" every morning.
 
So I had heard that you can turn pizza dough into a semblance of a doughnut. It's more a baked ring with frosting. But I though "Hay he is two, frosting is frosting" so I gave it a shot.
Using the Pillsbury refrigerated Gluten free Pizza crust dough.
 
It did not work.


The tub of dough says on it that it's for a "thin crust" that basically translated to "this dough does not rise"
Not really what I was looking for.
I have other recipes form my pre GF days where you use pizza crust to make "dessert pizzas" but I think in all of those recipes you need the dough to rise at least a little.
So this is NOT the dough to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment