Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pillsbury Gluten free Pie crust product review.

My first thought is that the crust is not easy to work with.
I rolled it out on plastic wrap, and then tried to invert transfer tot he pie dish. As you can see:
It did not transfer well. So I tried the method where you roll it out in the plastic,and then lay it in the pie dish, and refrigerate until firm again, then it transfers easier.
At first I tried baking the pie crust empty, and was very disappointed.:


I baked it for less time, and a slightly cooler temperature. The tub suggests you cover the edge with foil, but I don't think that would have made a huge difference. It was entirely BLACK on the underside.
I guess it's just not meant to be baked empty.

So i tried pumpkin pie next.
  Overall it turned out alright. The crust seamed...chewy to me. Perhaps form the over handling required to make it into the pan, or perhaps the nature of the dough. I will have to experiment further.
It also stuck to the pan in several places. I think it stuck where I had to press it and piece together where the dough had cracked or separated when I placed it in the pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment