Saturday, February 8, 2014

Gluten free "Dough" to play with

Gluten free Play Dough
Sensory dough

So I found here a fun recipe for A sensory dough made from corn starch and hair conditioner. It looks JUST like Ice cream!

From there I experimented with other finely ground Gluten free flours (of which my kitchen had plenty of)

I make one with coco powder, and Rice flour.

It required an extra squirt of conditioner to get the appearance right. However, the small of the conditioner overwhelmed the chocolate.

So next I tried using Potato starch, and Watermelon kids conditioner/shampoo. And again, more liquid then the original recipe. We liked this one better.

I think I will make a trip tot he dollar store and see what other smells we can find in there conditioner section.

#Update, after just under 4 weeks in a sealed container, they were covered in mold. So I give the shelf life at about one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment