Thursday, May 20, 2010

Glutenfreeda's REAL Cookies "chipchip"

Glutenfreeda's REAL Cookies "chip chip Hooray"
So I noticed this box on sale in My CoOp's GF frozen food section.
They had many flavors. I picked up the Chocolate chip with walnuts variety.
It's not a tub has 12 individually frozen preformed pieces of dough.
And the tub is resealable.
SO the idea is that you don't have to thaw all the dough to be able to scoop out a cookie.
I liked that idea.
I always feel guilty making a dozen cookies just for myself. They can go bad before I eat them all, and that is a waste. And if I do eat a dozen cookies before they go bad, well that is just my Waist.
The instructions are to just place them on the sheet and bake from frozen.
So I preheated the toaster oven, popped open the tub, and placed TWO preformed frozen cookie lumps on the uncreased sheet.

I was surprised how very round they turned out.
The cooking time on the box was 20min, I cooked mine for 18 and that was plenty.
I think I will grease the sheet next time as the cookies were a little hard to remove.
I could have done without the walnuts.
The over all taste was Just so so.
They reminded me of the chocolate chip cookies I would get in the blue package, with the little red triangle. SO if that is the chocolate chip style you like, this is the dough for you.

Personally I prefer my chocolate chip in the soft baked style, so I go for the "WOW" frozen cookie dough. That review to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment