Friday, May 14, 2010

Gillians

About two years ago I was in SLC Utah visiting my family. We planed on having a BBQ and I needed buns. They took me to a store called "wiled oats" and I bought some rolls from the freezer section. They were the BEST GF Rolls I have tasted!!!
They were Gillians foods French Rolls. http://www.gilliansfoods.com/index.html
I went back the next day and got the Cinnamon raisin rolls. Toasted and smeared with cream cheese they reminded me of the Cinnamon rolls I was missing.
I have petitioned every GF food provider in the area and none of them will carry it.
For my birthday I went to the web and ordered a shipment. You have to order a large quantity. I paid extra for three day shipping. A week later I called Gillians to ask where my bread was, and was told it had not shipped yet because they had not made the bread yet. About 5 days later the bread arrived. And 48hrs later it was covered in mold. I guess they day it arrived I should have called in sick to work and packed each bun individually into the freezer.
SOOOO week before last, I went to Utah again. The Wild Oats is not a Whole foods, but they did carry Gillians. SO i picked up a bag of the french rolls. I was a little hard to get over the MOLD And maybe since Whole foods in Utah carried them, I can get my whole food to carry them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment