Saturday, March 10, 2012

Quilt 3

When I was in high school, over 10 years ago (woh) I got fabric, and started to make a quilt.
I got distracted, and the quilt was forgotten.
Until this week.
I found the pieces and said to my self, "If I don't do it now, then it's never going to happen." Even if I just finish sewing the top, then I can give it to a thrift store...
Well, I had cut out the pieces so long ago, I did not know what to do; but one square was done, so I set to work making more squares with the other pieces.

Problem was, when all the pieces were used up, I had 11 squares.
11 squares can not be sewn together to make a blanket...
You can 2X2 (4) 2x3 (6) 2x4 (8) 3x3(9) 3x4 (12)
But 11?!?!? I'm one short, or 2 too many...What was I thinking?

So I guess I could do a 3X3 and use the extra two to make a pillow case...
OR
Find a fabric the "goes" and make a solid block to insert into the whole, maybe embroider something on it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment