Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Make your own coco-Dairy free, GF

My mother in-law apparently had never heard of doing this, so perhaps she is not the only one...
I make my own coco powder.
It tasted WAY better, and is the only way I know of to get it Daily free.
And every so often you get a little "malt flavoring" in there so we don't risk that!
Plus; warm milk does not always set well with me :)
SO this is the recipe for regular, wich I adapted off of the back of the Hershey's cocoa tub.


1 cup powdered sugar
2 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/8 tsp salt
When you add about two spoonfuls to a mug of hot watter, This makes about 8 servings.
You can change the flavor just by changing the flavor of the non dairy creamer.
OR you can get more creative.

My mom, who is Dairy free, likes raspberry. So I wanted to make her a raspberry truffle mix
this is what I came up with:
1 packet raspberry Chrystal light
2 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/8 tsp salt
Because the Crystal light is already sweet, you don't need to add sugar, but this makes the Volume greatly reduced. It only takes one spoonful of powder to make a mug of coco.

I love chocolate oranges so I have also done it with the Tang.
 I imagine any powdered drink mix would do...

No comments:

Post a Comment