Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Spiru-Tein "meal"

I'm at work at 7:30 am now. Not really hungry when I get up, so I was thinking it would be good to have some kind of Protean drink in the morning, once I got to work. But I'm not so good when Dairy on an empty tummy.
About 5 years ago Slimfast had a Soy based line that I would get but they don't have it anymore, so I went looking for something new.
Spiru-tein Has several flavors that are GF, not all are so check your labels.
I picked up a few of the individual packages and I glad I DID!

1. Chocolate. Imagine that you’ve got chocolate milk residue in you class, from last night, and you pour water in to that and drink it. Through a led pipe. That was the chocolate. I managed to choke down about 3/4th of it. The rest “went bad” sitting out on my desk all day.


2. Pina Colada. I had half of a SoBe drink, in the fringe from the day before(because a whole bottle is 2 servings), also coconut flavor. I figured that since the pouch says to add the powder to milk or juice, that this was just as good, and only a 100 extra calories. SO I poured the powder in, and shook it up and set it in the freezer for 10 minutes to get REALLY cold. ‘Cause when my mom did weightloss shakes that is how she did it. The cold and thickness of the concoxion was NOT an improvement. It was so thick it was gloppy. And this one has chunks in it. Bits of pineapple and coconut. Good in a milkshake, bad it something you want to chug and get over with. So the bits slowed me down and make me taste it more. Not fond of the metallic taste. And makes my teeth feel funny; Like I had eaten spinach…
 
3. Only decent flavor was the Blueberry. I mixed it with Vanilla soy milk and also got it good and cold. I added more milk then it called for to avoid that gloppy ness, and then I tossed in a hand full of frozen blueberries. It was not that bad. I shook it up so good that all the berries were broken up enough that I did not have to chew, or strain them thru my teeth. It still had that metallic aftertaste, and the funny residue it left on my teeth, but overall the best flavor I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment