Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Cinnamon roll"

I have been gluten free for over 9 years now. And I will admit there are still a few things I have yet to find a reasonable GF facsimile of.
Well, Flying apron bakery http://www.flyingapron.com/ just took Cinnamon rolls off that list.
The sweet bread dough was soft, moist and tender, but held up well enough to un-roll the bun to eat it. (Which I might add it 60% of why I love them.) The frosting was a subtle glaze, that let the roll shine. Pecans and Cinnamon in a fine balance. They were individually crafted/baked kind of rolls. Like my grandmother
If you prefer the pan baked style with Cream-cheese frosting, and a more syrupy cinnamon to your roll (a la that famous cinnamon roll place in the mall) then I recommend http://haleyscorner.com/ as exactly what your looking for. But last time I was there they had all sold out, 'cause they only make them on Friday and they closed at 6 so I could not get there until Saturday. I just checked there web menu and I could not find "Cinnamon rolls" listed, so perhaps it's by request only?
I will say that is one flaw with most of the GF bakeries I know. The menu's are so large that you don't know what they won't have on a given day. In my case you can drive for hours and then find out they don't have what you want. That is my biggest problem with Davinci's too.
So I guess my request is if a GF bakery owner ever reads this: Make a few things, make them well and make then often.

No comments:

Post a Comment