Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sandwich bread.

Most of the Gluten free brands of bread in My Co Op are too porous. As in you spread the slice with jam and it runs right through a hole onto the plate, or your hand. Can't make grilled cheese if the bread has holes.
My old "go to" of sandwich bread had always been Ener-G Brown rice loaf. I was never fond of the smell, but it's consistent spongy texture toasted nicely.
This week there was a new product in the Gluten free freezer at the CoOp. Udi's Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread.
I microwaved two slices, and they smelled good, and had good texture. The slices are porous, but the holes are not as large, or as deep as other brands. Toasted nicely. I am about half way through the loaf and I really like it.
Tomorrow I will try making it into french toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment