Friday, February 5, 2010

Apple Pie

I made this Apple Pie with Gluten-Free Pantry perfect pie crust mix. It rolled out good. Often with GF crust it falles apart when you try to top the pie. But this one holds up well. As you can see, once it was baked the crust was good mix of Crumply/flakey.
I also like to use Camio applies with my Granny smith. I LOVE Cameo apples.
My family was together for thanksgiving, and My mother offered my brother an apple “what kind” “Jonny gold” “No thanks, I like Roman” Then she offered me and apple. “No thanks I like Cameo.” My mother remarked that she had not raised “apple snobs”. I guess growing up in the North West can do that.
One box of mix is enough to makes four nine inch crusts. So I have two crusts leftover to make more pie…Pumpkin and turtle? We will see …

No comments:

Post a Comment