Friday, July 19, 2013

Udi's gluten free frozen pizza: review.

Its handy to have a frozen pizza on standby incase the family decided to order delivery.
Sure, there are delivery places that have GF, but the price and the cross contamination are a deterrent.
So when the frozen Udi pizza went on sale at the local grocery, I picked up two.

And sure enough, a few weeks later the occasion came. I pulled out the pizza, and preheated the oven, and noticed that in TWO places on the instructions it said NOT to use a pan or a pizza stone. "directly on rack" was expressly instructed.
But it turns out that was not a good idea:

The center of the pizza FELL OUT. Splat onto the bottom of the oven.

SO I thought, "was it because I added some olives and extra cheese to the pizza?" did I inadvertently exceed the maximum weight limit of the pizza crust?
So the next day when everyone else was have leftovers, I tried again with the second pizza.
Same problem again. Luckily I put a pan under it and caught the fallout, so I did not have to scrape cheese off the oven again.
Don't know if I got a bad batch, or what. But I don't think I will risk wasting money on this item again.

No comments:

Post a Comment