Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pamala's Gluten free bread mix, tips for sucess

So, were trying to purchase a house.
That means, watching our pennies, and preparing to move. So I decided to use a bread mix I already had, rather then go get a loaf from the store.
 

It turned out fairly well. I have a hit and mis relationship with bread mix, so it was nice to get a decent loaf.
So here is how I did it:
I proofed the yeast, in the warm water, with a little of the sugar and starch, even though the recipe does not call for it.
I put it in two small loaf pans, instead on one large, avoiding the doughy center.
I smoothed the dough in the pans, with my wet hands, to give it a uniform surface.
I let it raise, in a worm oven, over a pan of water, for an hour.

And that did the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment