Sunday, February 27, 2011

Kinnikinnick Foods Gluten free White cake mix

I'm testing cake mixes again.
Last time I was cake mix testing was for my wedding cake.
This time it is for my baby shower cake.

Our first contestant
in the white cake categories is :
Kinnikinnick Foods Gluten free White cake mix

Easy to make.
Not all that "white" if you care about that.
They crowned nicely when baking.
Held up when transporting.
Slightly spongy.
A little dry.

The were crumbly, but not too bad.
You could tare the top off, and still hold on to the other half. But there were crumbs EVERY where when you tried to slice it.
The "skin" it developed when baking
was good for frosting. But the inside was not, too crummy.
I would not make this into a sheet cake, the slicing would just tear it apart.
And I would not try to put filling in it.
CupCakes are the way to go with this mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment