Friday, February 4, 2011

Hot pad

I think monograms are cool.
I must right?
But I can understand that not EVERYONE does.
SO I think everyone we know will get one monogrammed thing. And that is it, unless they SPECIFICALLY request more.
This is for my sister in law. I noticed her hot pads we all in sad shape. So I got these black ones with pink trim, because she likes pink.
I un-sewed the pocket cover, monogrammed it and sewed it back together.

that was very very difficult. The trim appears to have shrunk while i was embroidering; so it puckered badly when reassembled.
I had to put soooo many pins in it and  it was a nightmare. I finally hand sew it back together so it would hold still then put it in the machine to sew it all they way around again.
So I did not monogram the mitt like I had planed.
Perhaps I should get pattern to make my own hot pads, as that would have been easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment