Saturday, September 18, 2010

WTF Kozy Shack pudding

Sometimes a Dairy on an empty stomach does not set well with me.
So I do go Soy for my yogurt and puddings. When I can.

Then this conundrum came to my attention. First time I bought the Soy Pudding from Kozy Shak I ate one and then realized the ingredients contained "organic wheat starch" So I tossed the rest of the puddings. That was about a year or so ago.

NOW the label even says "Gluten free" but notice that * after gluten free? Yah, that because there is still organic wheat starch in the mix.
Kozy Shak's web sight said:"When wheat starch (the carbohydrate fraction) is processed, it is separated from the protein fraction, which is where the gluten is contained. The protein fraction is discharged and we only use the carbohydrate part that does not contain gluten. This results in less than 10ppm of gluten per serving which is more stringent than the FDA’s proposed regulations for a “Gluten Free” claim (which is less than 20ppm)"
 
Not sure I how I feel about that.
I don't get Wheat grass in my smoothies either. Not worth the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment