Friday, June 14, 2013

Carrot Bread

Out sweet little Squeaker has become a picky eater. I know around  his age it's normal for their appetite to slow down, as his growing is also slowing. He is five time the size he was 20 months ago. But he had been sick, and has actually lost some weight. His Pediatrician said to give him cake and ice-cream. So he can put it back on, but I don't want him to eat just junk food.
He knows over 50 words, and cake is one of them.
So his Occupational therapist suggested I make him banana breads, zucchini bread, and stuff like that. He does not have to be GF, but he is observant enough to notice that if I will not eat something, then he will not either. So I cook GF for both of us.
So in the adventure, I found a recipe from Bob's red Mill, for

Carrot Bread 

  • 1 cup Freshly Grated Carrots
  • 4 Tb Milk
  • 1 large Egg
  • 1/3 cup Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon,
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 1/4 Cup Bob's All purpose baking flour 

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly grease a 4" x 6" baking pan, set aside.
Sift all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl; add egg and milk and mix well.
Stir in grated carrots.
Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 40 minutes.
 Allow to cool before slicing.

I put in in loaf pans, and in my mini bunt pans. We call it "Cakebread."

No comments:

Post a Comment