Sunday, March 10, 2013

Gluten free Butterscotch Pull apart

For Special occasions my mother makes "butterscotch pull apart"
I have also heard it called monkey bread.
I have not had it in over a decade. So I thought today was a day to give it a try.
Knowing that I could turn Pizza dough into cinnamon rolls and I thought I could use my french bread dough to make the pull apart.

I got my hands very wet, and them pinched off a golfball sized bit of dough. The rolled it into a ball, and then dropped it into the angel-food cake pan, which I lined with parchment paper.

I made a layer of the balls, them sprinkled with instand butterscotch pudding powder.
Repeat.
WHen all th dough was used up I let rise.
Then baked it.

 It was good. But as you can see, not butterscotch enough. It turned out more like a glaze over a nice loaf.
I WILL be doing this again, but with more pudding, butter, and pecans. That syrupy stickieness is what I'm going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment