Saturday, November 10, 2012

Popcorn Balls. 5 Dark Caramel

Today's popcorn balls are a rich Dark Caramel.
It's a variation on a recipe By Robert Irvine, (from Food Network) he uses for making caramel apples.

Dark Caramel

2 Cups dark brown sugar.
1 stick butter
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 c corn syrup
1/4 c maple syrup
1 tsp molasses
1/4 tsp vanilla
pinch Salt.

Heat on stove top until boil. Boil 3 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly.
Pour over popcorn, or Apples.
I made 3 apples AND one bag of microwave popcorn. With enough left over I could probably have done another bag of corn...

I like the richness the dark caramel gets from the Molasses and maple.
And you will note tat I don't use green apples. (scof) I had to go with Johnny Gold, because I could not find Cameo apples anywhere !?!


No comments:

Post a Comment