Monday, November 12, 2012

Bob's red mill Chocolate chip cookie mix

I used a bag of Bob's Red Mill Chocolate chip cookie mix to make some "breakfast cookies"
Essentially I just increase the water by a tablespoon, and toss in a palm full of oats (gf) and dried fruit. These one was cherries, cranberries, and raisins because I had them on hand.

The dough is very loose, or more accurately, it's mostly crumbs. You have to form the dough into balls.
I find, to make the cookies the ideal shape Instead of balls I form them into cylinders.
I get the dough in my hands, and squeeze it into a disk, and then press in the sides.

As these don't puff or puddle much, you turn out about like they go in, so forming the cylinders helps then brown and bake more evenly.
And I would recommend you take them out just before you think they are done. They got harder as they cooled, When left out overnight, the stayed soft enough to munch.
Overall a good mix.
But one you can NOT eat the dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment