Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hudgson Mill Apple cinnamon Muffin Mix


 I decided to try out this mix, from our local grocery store. Apple Cinnamon muffins sounded good on a cold fall morning.

The box, despite being regular sized, contained a rather small bag of mix.
And did not make very many muffins.
This can be good, when you only need a few GF muffins, but the packaging is deceptive...
I don't quite agree with the choice of words on the packaging directions. They said to stir until moistened.
Usually that means that the batter will be VERY thick. But this batter was not that think.  It was the consistency I expected for muffin batter; thicker then pancake, thinner then scone...

Anyways, I placed the papers in the pan and filled then 3/4 up with batter.

And into the oven.
They looked lovely, and I was encouraged by the the abundance of little apple chunks in the batter.
Sadly, they did not taste that good.
There was an aftertaste that I was not fond of. Not sure exactly what it was, but it coated your mouth and made the orange juice I was drinking taste off.
The consistency was rather dry, so the juice was necessary.
They also held onto the paper wrappers. You had to peal the paper off in little peaces, and you ended up eating some of the paper. But since the muffin was not that good, the paper flavor was not detrimental.
Overall; I don't think I'll get this mix again.

No comments:

Post a Comment