Saturday, February 25, 2017

Pudding pie

I was in my chest freezer, and I noticed the apple pie filling I had put in a few months ago, and I thought "yum, that sounds good" So I got it out.  But I was not in the mood to make a regular crust, and I was leaning towards something creamy. So I searched google, and then pintrest for an apple pie, that used a crumb crust, and vanilla pudding. But no luck.
So I came up with this:

Apples, sliced, sprinkled with cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar.
1.5 Cups crushed Cheerios, I had pumpkin spice on hand.
1 Stick butter, melted.
1 package instant, vanilla pudding,
3 cups milk, instead of 4


Mix crushed cheerios with melted butter.
Press into an 8 inch glass pan. Square or round.
Layer the apple slices on the crust.
Microwave 4 min, on high.
Let cool.
Mix the pudding powder with 3 cups of milk.
Spread pudding on top of the apples.
Refrigerate until set.

Enjoy.
I like the combination of flavors. It's like a pudding pie, with an apple layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment