Sunday, February 12, 2017

Grain free Brownies

I've got a friend doing a grain free diet. And only sweeteners like honey and coconut. Not sure of it's name, but she gave me a recipe she wanted to try, I looked it over, and adjusted it to what I had in my cupboard, and to be dairy free.

1/2 Cup Coconut oil
4 oz bar, unsweetened chocolate
12 TB cocoa powder
4 TB coconut oil
-Melted together in a double boiler, then add
1 Cup honey
1 tsp Vanilla
-Remove from heat, and While it cools a little
-In food processes:
3/4 Cup Coconut sugar
1/2 Cup blanched, slivered almonds
2TB coconut flour
114 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
-Process until the almonds sugar have broken down to a flour consistency
- Then add
4 eggs, one at a time. Fully integrated.
Preheat oven to 350
Line an 8 X 11 pan with parchment paper.
Pour in the batter, and spread in the pan, to an even height.
Bake
Remove from pan, and Allow to cool.

It had a very rich and heavy texture. Not quite as fudge like, as a tort. I had some with whipped cream, and on another occasion with strawberry syrup. Either is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment