Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gluten free version of Samoa Cookies

So, a few years ago I heard that there were recipes for making your own Girl scout cookies. I had liked the Samoa.
SO armed with a bage of shortbread cookie mix, I set out to make them.
  1. Make the mix as directed. I used Bob's red mill.*
  2. I formed the dough into a tube, wrapped it in plastic, and refrigerated it for a little while to get it firm.
  3. Slice the tube into 3/4 inch disks.
  4. Bake as package directs. 
  5. Let cool
  6. Dip in Caramel. I used some form a jar of ice cream topping.
  7. Press the caramel side into shredded coconut.
  8. Drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
 *On there own, the cookies were very crumble, and did not have much of a flavor. SO the toppings really made the cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment