Wednesday, June 20, 2012

GF Ha ha: Gelatin

I love my dad. He has learning Disabilities, Just like me. He can't spell, Just like me.
One year he did a bunch of research about Passover, and our Jewish ancestry/heritage. He got a few books.
Since I was diagnosed shortly before moving out, my parents have never had to immerse themselves in the GF community as deeply as I have so there have been some miscommunication.
One day he calls me up, very concerned:
Dad: "You can't have Jell-O."
me: "why whats up?"
Dad: "There is Gluten in it."
me: "Really...where did you hear that."
Dad: "In my book, it said its not kosher, because they use horse hooves and pig skin to make the gluten."

I paused for a moment. horse hooves to make Gluten? No I don't think so...Ooooh I think it's gelatin not gluten. I can see where he got those confused. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment