Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tinkyada Lasagna noodles, Gluten free

I'm baffled that this does not already appear in my blog!

I make an Award winning Lasagna.
Yep, about 8 years ago I was in a Lasagna bake off, and I won. I had the only Gluten free Lasagna, and it won!
I make it like once a month.
Gluten free Lasagna noodles can be tricky. Well, regular Lasagna noodles are tricky. But my recipe does not require boiling the noodles. And with less handling of the noodles, you get better results.  I use the Tinkyada Lasagna noodles:

So, here is my recipe:

Award winning Lasagna:
6 Gluten free Tinkyada Lasagne noodles
1 lb Sausage
1 lb Ground beef
4 oz pepperoni, diced
26 oz Marinara sauce
12 oz small curd cottage cheese
16 oz Italiano shredded cheese blend
8 oz caned sliced mushrooms*
1 block frozen spinach*
        * could be fresh, but it does not make much of a difference.


Prep: Brown meat, then add in pepperoni.  Mix cheeses together. 
Assemble: 
-Pour one cup of Sauce into 9X13 casserole pan, spread to cover
-Arrange 3 noodle in the sauce, dribbler a little sauce over them.(1/4 cup)
-Spread on half the cheese
-Spread on all the meat
- Distribute the mushrooms and spinach evenly over the top.
-Pour/spread one cup of Sauce
- Arrange 3 noodle in the sauce
-Pour/ spread remaining cup of sauce over noodles
-Top with remaining half of cheese.


Bake, covered by foil, at 375, for 45 min. 

No comments:

Post a Comment