Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Strip quilt. One. Baby girl

I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of quilting. Cutting apart flat fabric just to sew them back together to make flat fabric sounds like a waste of time. But so much of the embroiderer stuff is geared towards making quilt squares, SO I asked my sister to teach me.
My sister in law is due with a baby the same time as me. I wanted to make her a quilt for her little girl.
While sewing it I had cravings for Neapolitan ice cream.
I think it turned out rather well. We backed it with Brown flannel, and tied it. I ended up with a few extra squares. I offered to make her curtains or something with the other squares but she did not seamed interested in the idea. She actually did not seam all that interested in the quilt, but it's hard to tell. So perhaps I will come up with something else to do with extra quilt squares. I have about three full sized ones, and about 3 that are missing the outer layer, and two with just the first two layers....
No idea...

1 comment: