Monday, December 6, 2010

pie-Gluten-Free Pantry perfect pie crust mix

Brenda is Allergic to Wheat and eggs.

Brenda is the mother of the man who married my husbands little sister...My husband's sister's mother in-law?... My Sister in-law's mother in-law?...The mother in-law of my sister in-law?

ANYWAYS, frequently there are events that Brenda and I attend.
Thanksgiving was one of them.
Brenda was planning on bringing Roles, and the Sweet-potatoes
I was bringing mashed potatoes and Apple pie. {I don't want to talk about the potatoes}

So in my cupboard I had a box of Gluten-Free Pantry perfect pie crust mix.
The instructions are to add eggs, so I just went with the egg replacer I had from earlier this year with the egg free GF brownies.*

Apparently the darkness of the brownie batter masked the obvious color difference in the egg replacer.
So the crust looked funny to me.
It did not roll out as well as the times I have used this mix with real eggs.
It also did not brown in the oven as well.
The box makes 4 crusts. I used half of the doughty to make the apple pie. (Cameo apples of course}
Two crusts. Top and bottom.
I have two crusts left.
I think if it had just been a bottom crust it would not have been so obviously different...Basically only Brenda and I had the Pie. She also brought an egg-free crust-less pumpkin pie. So we had plenty of desert just for us.

So crust 3 and 4 are in the fridge. I think I will make Pumpkin pies for Christmas dinner. I will use eggs, but no milk, 'cause my mom is lactose intolerant.

1 comment:

  1. I made quiche in crust #3. Ironic to put a quiche in an egg free pie crust...

    ReplyDelete